Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Almost done...

The coop is getting so close to being done now... Marshall and I are taking a trip over to Seattle for the weekend he has a couple of shows over there.  We are really excited to see his cousins and the band.  

Marshall and my dad got a lot accomplished on the coop yesterday got the roof up and door made.  Not much left now, maybe only one more day of work.  We still have to pick up some insulation for the coop, to combat the cold of our winters here.

The chickens have been pretty funny lately, with trying to figure out what we are doing, following us around the yard, freaking out because of the sounds of the power tools.  This morning when I went outside to check on them, Jade hopped up on my leg to check out the camera. 
 
You can see in the above photo that the coop will have a sun roof for the ladies so that they have lots of sunlight shining on them.  I haven't decided what kind of vine I am going to grow along the side of the coop, I think this year I am just going to grow sugar snaps.  Maybe next year I will plant a vine of some sort.
 

The garden is really coming 
 along, I have my snow peas, cucumbers, radishes and carrots out now, just waiting on the peppers, tomatoes, tomatillo, and spaghetti squash to get a bit bigger
before I move them outside.  I need to get a couple of larger planters to put the spinach in, and I would like to get some more lettuce so we have more than just spinach to eat.  We got our blueberry bush starts, and raspberry bushes all planted.  I need to get the asparagus in the ground.  Other than that we are just enjoying the chickens, doing lots of yard work... Trying to get the yard and house in order for Marshall's families visit in July.   

No comments:

Post a Comment